4.24.2006

I feel cheap.

I've done it. I've jumped on the bandwagon. See more of my frightening visage at MySpace.
Ahhhh...the welcoming embrace of the friendly hive where people will actually publicly admit to being my friend.

It's fun to pick movies for movie night. Tonight we watched Space is the Place featuring Sun Ra and his Intergallactic Solar Arkestra. Now, I don't think I could sit through an entire Sun Ra recording, or concert, but that's just because I have strong feelings about saxaphones. ( Seriously, they serve no useful musical purpose any longer.) But, I do enjoy his fascinating view of the world, and to see it put forth in the cinematic medium...well, that's just good. Made in 1974, on a very small budget, it tells a tale of good vs. evil in the form of Sun Ra and the Overseer playing a game (or reading tarot cards) for the future of the earth. Of course, Mr. Ra and his crew had amazing costumes. There were some great lines, but the story line was kind of hard to follow. It was made by a man with a vision, and I belive they stuck to that vision as best they could in 1974 for whatever money was available.


Last week we saw Sins of the Fleshopoids. What a bizarre tale! From what I could glean, humans have made things such that they can laze about all day staring into mirrors, eating plastic fruit and other decadent pursuits. They've engineered robots to take care of all menial tasks, and work related things. Everything is going fine until the robots begin to feel towards eachother, and are caught in a lustful embrace by a human, who may or may not be a dictator or religious leader. Thus is the sin of the fleshopoids, I guess. The sets were very creative, and the costumes fit oddly. It was a silent movie, with random text bubbles emiting from various non-oral body parts.


Well, that's that...oh yeah, and Tucker Carlson is a total knob.

No comments: