12.31.2008

Well, it's almost 2009

And I don't have much to say.

The holidays were uneventful and quiet. All of my cousins are over the age of 19, and none have sprogged, so that was nice. No family drama, no one was ill, the weather was weathery, in all I have no complaints which makes for a rather boring post. I did get a wonderful gift from my family in that my cousin, who got married at the age of 20 to her high school sweetheart, and her husband are definitely child free (for now? I hope not). I'd suspected for a while that she was, but never heard her husband say anything on the subject until this holiday. I just overheard him say in response to a question I didn't hear "No, we're not having kids", and would have jumped up, hugged him and said "Congratulations! You both will be SOO HAPPY!" if it wouldn't have seemed so awkward and inappropriate. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to hanging out with them and having a fine old time at her brother's wedding this summer.


I do have a small list of idiot bombs...but I just don't have enough of a raging hate-on to really rip 'em good. However ALL CEO's and Sarah Palin can go to hell together, and companies that run ad campaigns for things I have no choice in (electricity?) can join them.

Oh, and a big ol' YAY to Culver's for making it easy for their consumers to recycle the plastics that are a part of every fast food meal. Custard? Mashed potatoes? A variety of foods? Now plastic recycling? This will be my only fast food choice from here on out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your CF cousin! That is an ass-kickin' Xmas gift. May they have many happy brat-free years together.

As for Sarah Palin, hell's too good for her. 'nuff said.

Here's to a sane and somewhat economically stable 2009.